[Nut-upsuser] Centos 6.1, BNT400AP and immediate shutdown of ups

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 17:24:27 UTC 2012

2012/3/16 WK <sprawki at wp.pl>:
> I'm new to the list.
> Hello.
>
> I just googled and tried some general news lists.
> There is hard to compose good question to google, cause shutdown and
> poweroff are standard ups jobs.
> Then.
>
> I've upgraded some computer Centos 5.3 to Centos 6.1.
> It is powered with Powercom BNT-400AP ups.
>
> A problem is, when I try to start upsdriver - powercom.
> While connecting to the ups (via ttyS) it (powercom driver) causes ups
> poweroff.
> Perfect black-out. UPS is going out.
>
> I tried to debug it connecting LCD instead of computer.
> LCD load is about 15 Watt.
> And then anything worked perfectly (upsmon, upssched, automatic shutdown
> etc.).
>
> When I connected computer back and tried to start powercom drivetr, I again
> got ups poweroff.
> Computer has 4 hdds - its load is >100Watt.
> But ups is still wired - even with empty batteries it shout work with any
> load until I unplugg it?

indeed!

> Has anybody some other ideas?

yup, give us more details on your nut version, and send back the
driver debug trace, Ie:
$ /path/to/powercom -DDDDD -a <upsname>
after having stopped the previous driver instance.

Note that we've add some improvements in 2.6.1 that you're probably missing.
So it would be better to first update nut, then do some more testing.

cheers,
Arnaud
--
Linux / Unix Expert R&D - Eaton - http://powerquality.eaton.com