[Nut-upsuser] NUT for Windows + Eaton/PW 5110

Kris Jordan nut.kj at sagebrushnetworks.com
Mon May 14 18:14:23 UTC 2012

Frédéric Bohé wrote, On 5/14/2012 2:31 AM:
> Hello Kris,
>
> On Sat, 2012-05-12 at 16:00 -0700, Kris Jordan wrote:
>> Nut for Windows 2.6.3-3 + Eaton/PW 5110 (103004256-5591).
>>
>> I had to manually install libusb driver and I'm using bcmxcp_usb.
>
> Why did you install libusb manually ? Did the installer fail ?

It says no known UPS device found, try installing manually.

I forgot to mention a few specifics:
Windows 7 x64 SP1 (up2date)
500VA (120V/US version of the UPS)
F/W: 1.5, USB: 0.5.

> Can you send your configuration files please (nut.conf, upsd.conf,
> ups.conf. upsmon.conf and upssched.conf if you use upssched ).

I made minimal changes to begin with, no changes to upssched.conf or
upsd.conf.

> FYI this is the output of upsc for my 5110. I'm afraid it won't satisfy
> your needs. Anyway, please send your configuration file since you may
> have discovered a bug. :

<SNIP>
> ups.beeper.status: enabled
> ups.load:   0.0
 > ups.status: OL

I was able to disable the beeper using lansafe (with
permanently-disabled checked), but as soon as I turned the unit off, it
lost the setting. So I'd have to use lansafe to maintain that setting.

No load?

No where did I see an "online" status in IPP or lansafe, just "charging"
which to me sounds like a problem, unless they consider it float
charging. I'd be interested what my 5110 says in NUT.

Thanks.