[Nut-upsuser] battery.charge and other fixes needed for X-Power Tigra 1kVA

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Wed May 16 14:03:18 UTC 2012

2012/5/16 Tmima Pliroforikis Perifereiakis Enotitas Pierias
<pliroforiki at pieria.pkm.gov.gr>:
> Arnaud Quette wrote:
>>
>> to confirm this, simply use upsrw to send a shutdown.return command.
>> having the driver running in debug mode, I'd like to see the related
>> traces.
>> if it works, I'll check for making shutdown.cancel failure non fatal
>> (Ie, optional).
>

> Would you be kind enough and explain what I should exactly do on the windows
> system connected to the ups? Obviously the nut service should be shut down.
> Should I have blazer_ser only run with blazer_ser -a ups1 -DDDDD and in
> another window issue a upsrw?

sure. so:
- stop everything (driver, upsd and upsmon)
- there, you will probably *want* to shutdown your windows system, and
unplug your box from the UPS.
You will otherwise crash your system! So prefer to use some dumb load,
such as a light bulb, to confirm your UPS is off.
- start "blazer_ser -DDDDD -a ups1" in a dedicated console
- then, in another console, start upsd (just launch 'upsd' without any args)
- in the same console, launch "upscmd -u <user...> -p <password...>
ups1 shutdown.return"
- this should shutdown the UPS 30 seconds later, and restart it 3 minutes later.

I'm interested in blazer_ser output, specifically when the upscmd is
received by the driver.
If you happen to send the whole output, please *compress* it (we have
a 40 Kb limit on the list...)

Once done, stop again blazer_ser and upsd, and restart
cheers,
Arnaud
--
Linux / Unix Expert R&D - Eaton - http://powerquality.eaton.com