[Nut-upsuser] battery.charge and other fixes needed for X-Power Tigra 1kVA

Tmima Pliroforikis Perifereiakis Enotitas Pierias pliroforiki at pieria.pkm.gov.gr
Fri May 25 04:52:33 UTC 2012

Arnaud Quette wrote:
> 2012/5/24 Tmima Pliroforikis Perifereiakis Enotitas Pierias
> <pliroforiki at pieria.pkm.gov.gr>:
>> just a bump/heads up to check whether my previous message that contained a
>> log from running shutdown.return, using the blazer_ser driver...
>
> you did well!

Glad to hear that! :)

> looking at the log, shutdown.return is well sent to the device.
> the UPS then send "ACK", which is interpreted as a failure by the
> driver (if anything is read back, this is the command that is echoed
> back so a failure).
> in the present Bestups case, the attached patch should fix the
> situation, while not causing regression.
> @Fred: can you please recompile blazer_ser, with the patch, and send
> it to Michail?

I have received the patched file and will most likely test it on Monday.
Will get back to you with the result asap...

> we then see that the UPS has triggered FSD from status data, which
> should imply that the UPS has indeed executed the command.
>
> now, what is missing from your answer is whether the UPS actually did
> its shutoff (poweroff) or not.
> so if the command actually succeeded or not.
> note that some units need to be on battery for this to actually work...

It worked just fine, powering down the load as I could see from one
server PSU light which went off, when the ups went off. Powerup also
occured according to the timers, as it should.

> once Fred has provided you the new binary, please do the same tests
> and send back the output trace.
>
> cheers,
> Arnaud

BR,