[Nut-upsuser] Tripp-Lite INTERNET525U

Kris Jordan nut.kj at sagebrushnetworks.com
Thu Nov 8 22:09:46 UTC 2012

Kris Jordan wrote, On 10/25/2012 11:30 AM:
> Charles Lepple wrote, On 10/25/2012 4:18 AM:
>> On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 2:47 AM, Kris Jordan
>> <nut.kj at sagebrushnetworks.com> wrote:
>>> I assume some kind of USB debugging will need to be done? And can
>>> that be
>>> easily done (software-wise) on Windows 7 Pro x64?
>>>
>>> I don't have a convenient Linux test system at hand for the moment,
>>> though I
>>> do have a few VM's (assuming the extra layers don't get in the way).
>> Unfortunately, it sounds like our usual suggestions for Windows tools
>> won't work:
>>
>> http://libusb.6.n5.nabble.com/Working-preferably-free-USB-sniffer-for-Windows-7-x64-td8754.html
>>

>> It is easiest to have Windows in a VM, and do the USB capture from a
>> Linux host running the virtual machine manager (VirtualBox, VMWare,
>> Qemu, etc.)
>
> I also have a Windows XP VM. So I could use the old Windows tools.

I wouldn't mind learning a bit about the USB capture stuff. I have
SniffUSB installed on a Windows XP VM. I think SniffUSB is the latest
*free* Windows USB sniff program available, built on other people's
work. Seems to work fine when I tested it with the 3S 550.

So I can do some captures of the Tripp-Lite 550 if that setup will do.

Otherwise, the WinXP virtualbox, linux usbmon + ?wireshark? setup will
be some time later when I get a test machine setup with Centos6 or the
current Fedora release.