[Nut-upsuser] APC Back UPS ES 700

FredericBohe at Eaton.com FredericBohe at Eaton.com
Mon Nov 12 09:42:03 UTC 2012

Hello Denis,

Thanks for the report.
I have modified the code to use the tweak for ES 525 only instead of all ES units.
At the moment, regex is maybe a bit overkill. We will see depending on users reports if it is useful to implement this rather than the current static array.
Moreover I have added a new command line switch (called maxreport) to force the activation of the tweak. It will allow users to work-around this issue even if their UPS is not listed yet (for users reading this message and using the maxreport switch, please jump on the list to report your UPS name please).


Eaton Opensource Team - http://opensource.eaton.com



From: nut-upsuser-bounces+fredericbohe=eaton.com at lists.alioth.debian.org [nut-upsuser-bounces+fredericbohe=eaton.com at lists.alioth.debian.org] on behalf of Denis Serov [dns-srv at yandex.ru]
Sent: Thursday, November 08, 2012 7:46 AM
To: nut-upsuser at lists.alioth.debian.org
Subject: [Nut-upsuser] APC Back UPS ES 700


I have tested APC Back UPS ES 700 and NUT 2.6.5-3 a few days ago and I have
got some news.

This device is detected by nut-scanner as:

        driver = "usbhid-ups"
        port = "auto"
        vendorid = "051D"
        productid = "0002"
        product = "Back-UPS ES 700 FW:829.D2 .I USB FW:D2 "
        serial = "5B0811T33088  "
        vendor = "APC"
        bus = "bus-0"

First of all, this version does not work properly with the device,
usbhid-ups returns "libusb_get_report:
libusb0-dll:err [control_msg] sending control message failed, win error: A
device attached to the system
is not functioning" (apc_bu_es700_usbhid_ups.txt).

I decided that the problem is related to the tweak for ES 525 model and I
rebuilt NUT with
TWEAK_BACK_UPS_ES define that was equal to "Back-UPS ES 525".

As result, the problem with ES 700 has gone (apc_bu_es700_upsc.txt).

So, it seems that ES 700 and ES 525 have quite different firmware.

It would be great if TWEAK_BACK_UPS_ES define was implemented as regular
expression like
"Back-UPS ES (\d+)" and there was a hardcoded list of model's numbers to
apply the tweak =)


More information about the Nut-upsuser mailing list