[Nut-upsuser] NUT v2.6.4 with HP AF401A won't start

Pratt Chris Chris.Pratt at comptel.com
Tue Nov 13 14:20:39 UTC 2012

Hi Arnaud, and apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

For a totally separate reason I’d intended to install NUT on a new VMware image so, in view of your comments and to avoid confusion at a later date with a hybrid installation, I decided to install on the new image from the tarball and set up the start/stop script manually.

I unpacked the tarball, applied the patch you sent me and then ran the configure/make/make install sequence.  The driver started OK as it did on the old image so I copied the /etc/init.d/ups script installed by the rpm package from the old image to the new one and edited the paths.  I then ran chkconfig to set it up as a service.  I haven’t fully tested that yet as I haven’t completed the config but I see no reason why it won’t work.

Many thanks for your help with this.

Regards,

Chris.

Chris Pratt