[Nut-upsuser] Unable to disable beeper on Powercom Imperial IMP-525AP [SOLVED]

Sergey Talchuk tals1975 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 07:40:10 UTC 2012

Hi Arnaud,

I received several replies from technical support.
It turned out that according to the UPS serial number it had been
manufactured in 2012. So, the device should support the ability to disable
the beeper.
But still I can not disable the beeper using the latest version of UPSMON
Plus in Windows:
http://www.pcm.ru/data/download/public/soft/setup_upsmon_v2.9.rar (don't
know why; the device was tested on XP/Win7 with different USB cables)
[WORKAROUND]
However, beeper can be disabled with the button on the UPS (except when the
device starts and the battery capacity is 0 the beeper should/will work)
NUT gets the correct value now:

$ upsc powercom ups.beeper.status
disabled

Thank you,