[Nut-upsuser] network-ups-tools won't shutdown my PC

3rik.gm 3rik.gm at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 06:37:54 UTC 2012

Hello,

I'm using Archlinux x86_64 with linux-nouveau kernel (based on
linux-mainline (that is linux-3.6)).

I've installed nut-2.6.5. I first tried to use new systemctl .service
scripts, but they are problematic.

So I start and stop nut from /etc/rc.c script.

This way, it "woks".

Here are my config files :

nut.conf :
MODE=netserver

ups.conf :
[ellipse]
driver = usbhid-ups
port = /dev/bus/usb/003/002
desc = <<EATON Ellipse ASR USBS 1600>>

upsd.conf :
MAXAGE 15
LISTEN 127.0.0.1 3493
MAXCONN 32
ACL all 0.0.0.0/0
ACL localhost 127.0.0.1/27
ACCEPT localhost
REJECT all

upsd.users :
[ups]
password = ups

upsmon.conf
MONITOR ellipse at localhost 1 ups ups master
MINSUPPLIES 1
FINALDELAY 5
HOSTSYNC 15
SHUTDOWNCMD "usr/bin/systemctl poweroff"
POWERDOWNFLAG /etc/killpower
POLLFREQ 5
POLLFREQALERT 5
DEADTIME 15
NOCOMMWARNTIME 300
RBWARNTIME 43200

upssched.conf :
CMDSCRIPT /opt/bin/upssched-cmd

PIPEFN /var/run/nut/upssched.pipe
LOCKFN /var/run/nut/upssched.lock

AT ONBATT * EXECUTE ups-on-battery
AT ONLINE * EXECUTE ups-back-on-line

When I unplug my UPS from power, I have a broadcast message saying so :
fine.
When I replug my UPS to power, I have a broadcast message saying so : fine

When I let my UPS unplugged from power, and when it goes under 20% (default
setting),
I have 2 broadcast messages, one saying it goed under power, and the second
saying it's gonna shutdown my PC.

But nothing happens...

I've searched for hours, can't fine the solution.

I thanl you for your help :)

3rik