[Nut-upsuser] Eaton 3S550

Kris Jordan nut.kj at sagebrushnetworks.com
Thu Oct 11 19:04:38 UTC 2012

Kris Jordan wrote, On 10/10/2012 11:00 PM:
> Windows 7 Pro x64
> Eaton 3S550 (brand new, battery mfg 8/15/2012)
> NUT 2.6.5-3

I have more to report...

This UPS is waking my test system from sleep mode. The USB connection is
also broken in the process (the device manager entry is still present
though), if I restart the driver I just get a "no matching HID device"
error. I have to re-plug the USB connection to fix.

The log includes me sleeping the system and forcing the UPS on-battery,
causing the system to wake.

The system will eventually wake w/o the UPS going on battery too.

I've not had this happen with the APC's. I've re-tested a APC ES350 and
found that it doesn't wake the system nor breaks the driver, however the
driver does sometimes crash! I've attached a log of that happening, it's
very easy to reproduce after a couple sleep cycles.

The Eaton is going to power an always-on system, so not a big deal for me.