[Nut-upsuser] mge-utalk ESV8+ comm problem

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 22:01:56 UTC 2012

2012/10/15 Martin Loyer <martin at martinloyer.fr>:
> Dear all,

salut Martin !

happy to see you're still around too ;)

> I have an old ESV8 UPS down here, and I did code patching years ago to
> support old model on nut.

is your ESV8 still working?

> But, I got some bad effect, like Debian bug you mentionned on your email.
>
> Would be difficult for me to gain access to an ESV8+, but we can work
> together to test.

even to me. all this goes back to MGE time, now defunct for 5 years.
the only things that survived is the Comet and E Series DX (see below)

> I can make some test, but I need more information. Could you send me your
> debug log?

I think I've found a Comet and a E Series DX (so speaking UTalk) at Eaton today.
this is the kind of things that becomes rare nowadays!

on the patch side, I'd also like to:
- add some more inter-char delay, since mge_command() only has 100 ms.
I've just checked again Utalk spec [1], and we should be at least 500
ms between commands.
the point here is that this inter-char delay is not satisfied with
commands that do not receive an answer (such as Z)
- see the result of Marek's mention, i.e moving the double Z before the Si test.

@Ivo: my question still stands: would you be able to test patches and
send me back outputs?

cheers,
Arno