[Nut-upsuser] Eaton 3S550

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 18:39:52 UTC 2012

Hi Kris,

as told in a separate mail on the list, I will there be acting as an
individual, since Eaton current stance is to not allow me to support NUT
users nor to do my NUT leader tasks on my working hours for a few weeks now!

the current Eaton support is limited to Frederic's work on the Windows
port, and Vaclav integration works (clock_gettime and monotonic).

2012/10/13 Kris Jordan <nut.kj at sagebrushnetworks.com>

> Kris Jordan wrote, On 10/10/2012 11:00 PM:
>
>> Windows 7 Pro x64
>>
>> Eaton 3S550 (brand new, battery mfg 8/15/2012)
>> NUT 2.6.5-3
>>

> Pretty much done testing this UPS on Windows. I couldn't disable the
> beeper using NUT, and even after doing so successfully with the
> Solution-Pac, it still says enabled (in NUT). Though I thank Eaton for not
> using an obnoxious (loud) beeper.

is it actually enabled? i.e, when unplugging the power cord, does it beep
or not?
I would like to see a driver debug trace (level 5) when calling 'upscmd ...
beeper.off'.

I also get ERR VAR-NOT-SUPPORTED for input.transfer.low/high. This is
> perhaps normal because of the way this UPS sets the value in a combined
> fashion. I did not log this happening. If wanted, I can test it more.

strange, the trace clearly state the variable publication.
so, yes, I'm interested in both the exact command used (copy/paste) + the
driver trace excerpt around the upsrw call (grep for 'setvar')

cheers,
Arnaud
--
Network UPS Tools (NUT) Project Leader - http://www.networkupstools.org