[Nut-upsuser] Eaton 3S550

Kris Jordan nut.kj at sagebrushnetworks.com
Thu Oct 25 06:49:32 UTC 2012

Arnaud Quette wrote, On 10/24/2012 3:33 PM:

>     I always test. Beeper still beeps while on-battery. Using Eaton's
>     software, it can disable the alarm just fine. I re-enabled the
>     alarm before I ran the above command. My previously attached logs
>     included me running every command including upsc.
>

> quite frankly, I'm puzzled.
> I would need to test on an actual device... and currently, I can't!
> that would be worth, with the below (depending on your answer) to
> contact the official Eaton support.

For being a problem just for NUT, it sounds like Eaton would not care
much. I have no need to re-enable it once I got it disabled, so I'm fine.

>     The two values are linked, as long as you use a valid value for
>     low or high, the other value will also change.
>
>     But, there is one that doesn't work, a low value of 75.
>
>     low-high:
>     84-142 (red light)
>     96-138 (both lights)
>     75-144 (green light)
>
>     upsrw -u admin -p password -s input.transfer.high=138 ups
>     Result: 84-142 --> 96-138
>
>     upsrw -u admin -p password -s input.transfer.low=75 ups
>     Result: 96-138 --> 84-142
>
>     upsrw -u admin -p password -s input.transfer.low=96 ups
>     Result: 84-142 --> 96-138
>
>     I've tested it a bunch of times, low=75 is the only one giving me
>     troubles. The other way to get 75-144 is to use high=144, which
>     works fine.
>

> strange! the trace shows no error, but the value is indeed not changed.
> and this works with the windows SW?

Yes, and I  just doubled-checked to be sure. Perhaps it only sends the
high value. So there might be a firmware bug for setting the low value.

I have my work-around and it's documented in my notes for this UPS.
Unless Eaton changes their stance about NUT, it sounds like there is
nothing worth contacting them about. However, I have told them about the
sleep issue I was having since that happens no matter what.

Don't worry about the lag, and thank you for the hard work (and more)!