[Nut-upsuser] APC Smart UPS C1000

Daniel O'Connor doconnor at gsoft.com.au
Sun Sep 2 01:25:40 UTC 2012

On 02/09/2012, at 8:48, cmb991 at comcast.net wrote:
> Do you have any settings you recommend me trying first?  This is the first time I tried to setup nut on pfSense.  I'm using pfSense 2.0.1.  This is what I tried:
>
> Local UPS
> Local UPS Model: APC Smart-UPS USB
> Local UPS Port: auto (USB)
> Local UPS Generic Type: <Tried All of Them>
> Local UPS Cable Type: <Tried both of Them>
>
> None of these settings are detecting the UPS.  I keep getting the error: UPS pfSense at localhost is unavailable

Does it show up in dmesg, or when you run usbconfig? (pfsense is based on FreeBSD right?)

What version of NUT do you have installed?

Running 'upsc -h' should show the version, eg..
[midget 10:55] ~ >upsc -h
Network UPS Tools upsc 2.6.4-Unversioned directory

usage: upsc -l | -L [<hostname>[:port]]
<snip>

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum