[Nut-upsuser] Zigor on Mac Os X

Mark Burton mark at helenandmark.org
Wed Sep 26 06:19:34 UTC 2012

I'm loading just the driver…

it kind-of-works…

One minor problem - the zigor 650 unit I have seems to fail if my iMac is drawing too much power. Basically, if the screen brightness is turned up, then the thing fails to go onto battery mode (presumably sensing the high power draw as an error). Net result - the whole thing is a bit of a pain….

Where I am with this:
	Seems like, with some work, all this would work for a zigor, and if anybody is following here - then it seems it's a viable solution. However, you need to set it all up yourself, and sticking it in launchd would seem to be a good option. On my behalf, I'm setting my brightness down low, setting my 'sleep when idle' quite short, and if I get a power cut, I'll cross my fingers :-(((((((

I might play a little bit more, and see if I can't set it all up, as you suggest with launchd, but, frankly, in my case, I'v decided that the functionality I want is more like - if I'm using the machine, then dim the lights, keep using it, if the power doesn't return, go into sleep mode and prey…. I can do that from the console :-) --- If I'm not using the machine, - got into sleep mode, and prey - which I can do simply by making sure it sleeps when the console is idle….
If we totally loose power while in sleep mode (e.g. we burn up the battery, probably 10 min's at a guess, then - actually that doesn't seem to do too much damage, and we seem to restart nicely - thanks to the journalling filesystem I guess)

Cheers

Mark.