[Nut-upsuser] UPS nut and ESXi 5.0.0 UserVars not showing up

John Curry jcurry at acdsystems.com
Mon Apr 1 19:00:20 UTC 2013

Hello nut-upsuser,

I'm trying to configure nut to be used with esxi 5.0.0. I have a APC
Back-ups xs1300 which im assuming is plugged into /dev/usb0205 but i could
easily be wrong.

lsusb gives me:
Bus 02 Device 05: ID 051d:0002 American Power Conversion Uninterruptible
Power Supply

I am following the french blog post posted on the nut website under the
vmware section.  I downloaded the nutclient-esxi500-1.1.1.-.tar.gz and
followed the instructions on installing the package.

My problem is: The UserVars are not showing up after I installed the
package.

If theres any other info you need please let me know.

Regards, John.