[Nut-upsuser] UPS nut and ESXi 5.0.0 UserVars not showing up

René Garcia rene at margar.fr
Tue Apr 2 05:57:59 UTC 2013

Hi John,

USP cannot be plugged directly to ESXi server. You may use it from a VM inside ESXi if you share the USB port but I don't advise you to do it.

UserVars should be available as soon as the package is installed. Are you using web client or vSphere Client? Someone has reported me that ESXi needs to be rebooted to see UserVars from VMware web interface.

Regards,
René