[Nut-upsuser] N-Power MEV-3000LT compatibility report and problem

Александр Безруков phmagic at mail.ru
Sun Aug 11 18:12:01 UTC 2013

 Hello,

sorry for messing up the things. I mean many copies of the same text
in my previous message and mixing up the command names, it turned
out that I forgot the protocol details after so many years.

I found my records, connected a serial terminal to the UPS and found
that the device itself works as expected so my problem cannot be
explained with device incompatibility.

Below is excerpt from my session. After "//" characters go my comments,
these of course were not typed in.

Q1
(205.7 225.1 230.7 015 50.1 2.28 41.5 00000001
// 205.7 is the real mains voltage, this is the problem of mains not the device
#230.0 013 096.0 50.0
S10R0003
ACK
// UPS has shut down in 10 minues and restored power after 3 minutes,
// as expected
S03R0001
ACK
ACK
// Shutdown has been successfully cancelled
S03R0001
ACK
// UPS has shut down after 3 minutes and restored after 1 minute, as expected
S.7R0001
ACK
// UPS has shut down after 42 second and restored after 1 minute, as expected.

I see no problem with how the device communicates the Blazer/Megatec protocol.
I must have found a bug in the driver.

Regards,
Alexander.