[Nut-upsuser] NUT under NAS4Free config issue

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Thu Aug 22 12:32:30 UTC 2013

On Aug 22, 2013, at 5:15 AM, Incze Andras wrote:

> Thanks, the strange is that I could set in this way the master user.

That is odd. The development version of NAS4Free seems to be regenerating the entire upsd.users file:

   http://sourceforge.net/p/nas4free/code/848/tree/trunk/build/ports/nut/files/nut.sh.in

To address your original concern (adding remote users for monitoring), I would edit the RC file, which is probably /usr/local/etc/rc.d/nut, to include something like this at the end of the nut_mkconf() function:

cat <<__EOF__ >> ${nut_upsd_users}
        [monslave]
                password = abcd
                upsmon slave
__EOF__

(Be sure to add it after the line containing "... > ${nut_upsd_users}")

Of course, this will be lost when you upgrade NAS4Free, but maybe you can convince one of the developers to add this as a core feature, such that the list of slave users can be read from the XML configuration file.

--
Charles Lepple
clepple at gmail