[Nut-upsuser] Question marks in Broadcast Messages

John Thurston john.thurston at alaska.gov
Wed Aug 28 22:05:06 UTC 2013

I'm setting up a NUT server. During testing, I have deployed it on both
CentOS and SUSE. I have both servers looking at two physical UPSs and
two "dummy" UPSs.

My NUT client is running on Solaris and is rigged to look at the "dummy"
UPSs.

As I toggle states on the dummy UPSs, the client correctly detects the
changes and throws a message of the type:
> Broadcast Message from ups (???) on nut Wed Aug 28 13:57:08...
> UPS dummy at upsmon on line power

The messages are of the same form regardless of the source server.

What is the meaning of the (???) in that message? Is it a place holder
for some value or attribute in the UPS driver I have not configured
correct?

I have only seen these messages with the "dummy" UPS because it is the
only driver I can actually manipulate.

John Thurston    907-465-8591
John.Thurston at alaska.gov
Enterprise Technology Services