[Nut-upsuser] upsrw: "Unexpected response from upsd: ERR READONLY"

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Mon Dec 16 13:36:21 UTC 2013

On Dec 15, 2013, at 7:59 PM, Roberto Martelli wrote:

> Unexpected response from upsd: ERR READONLY
>
> After issuing this command:
>
> upsrw myups
>
> I obtain no output.

This is self-consistent: upsrw lists read/write variables, and in your version of NUT, ups.delay.start (ondelay) and ups.delay.shutdown (offdelay) are not writable after the driver has started.

To achieve the same effect, you can add "offdelay = 180" to ups.conf, and restart NUT (only the driver really needs to be restarted, but in Ubuntu it's one init script for all of NUT).

See the man page for more details on offdelay: http://www.networkupstools.org/docs/man/blazer_usb.html#_extra_arguments

The new nutdrv_qx driver, which supersedes blazer_usb in 2.7.1 and later, allows those variables to be changed at runtime.

--
Charles Lepple
clepple at gmail