[Nut-upsuser] Delayed UPS start up after shutdown?

Angel Tsankov fn42551 at fmi.uni-sofia.bg
Wed Dec 25 08:16:50 UTC 2013

On 12/25/2013 12:16 AM, Kris Jordan wrote:
> Angel Tsankov wrote, On 12/24/2013 1:22 AM:
[...]
>> I can see that my UPS (MGE Protection Center 675) has a parameter
>> ups.timer.start (currently holding the strange value of -10). Any idea
>> if this could help and how this parameter can be changed?
>
> in upsrw?

In upsc only. Here's the complete output:

battery.charge: 100
battery.charge.low: 30
battery.runtime: 2281
battery.type: PbAc
device.mfr: MGE UPS SYSTEMS
device.model: Protection Center 675
device.serial: 1HKG25025
device.type: ups
driver.name: usbhid-ups
driver.parameter.offdelay: 30
driver.parameter.ondelay: 60
driver.parameter.pollfreq: 30
driver.parameter.pollinterval: 2
driver.parameter.port: auto
driver.version: 2.4.3
driver.version.data: MGE HID 1.18
driver.version.internal: 0.34
input.transfer.high: 264
input.transfer.low: 184
outlet.1.desc: PowerShare Outlet 1
outlet.1.id: 2
outlet.1.status: on
outlet.1.switchable: no
outlet.desc: Main Outlet
outlet.id: 1
outlet.switchable: no
output.frequency.nominal: 50
output.voltage: 230.0
output.voltage.nominal: 230
ups.beeper.status: enabled
ups.delay.shutdown: 30
ups.delay.start: 60
ups.load: 12
ups.mfr: MGE UPS SYSTEMS
ups.model: Protection Center 675
ups.power.nominal: 670
ups.productid: ffff
ups.serial: 1HKG25025
ups.status: OL CHRG
ups.timer.shutdown: -1
ups.timer.start: -10
ups.vendorid: 0463

And here's the output from upsrw:

[battery.charge.low]
Remaining battery level when UPS switches to LB (percent)
Type: STRING
Value: 30

[input.transfer.high]
High voltage transfer point (V)
Type: STRING
Value: 264

[input.transfer.low]
Low voltage transfer point (V)
Type: STRING
Value: 184

[outlet.1.desc]
Outlet description
Type: STRING
Value: PowerShare Outlet 1

[outlet.desc]
Outlet description
Type: STRING
Value: Main Outlet

[output.voltage.nominal]
Nominal output voltage (V)
Type: ENUM
Option: "220"
Option: "230" SELECTED
Option: "240"

[ups.delay.shutdown]
Interval to wait after shutdown with delay command (seconds)
Type: STRING
Value: 30

[ups.delay.start]
Interval to wait before (re)starting the load (seconds)
Type: STRING
Value: 60

> ups.timer.start --> Time before the load will be started (seconds).
> Maybe it counts down after using load.on.delay?

What did you mean by "load.on.delay"?

> Mine don't have the value in upsrw so it can't be set. The Eaton 5PX
> (which is part MGE) I have here does have one return condition, to
> return power only if the battery is charged to a certain percentage,
> battery.charge.restart in upsrw.
>
> The only UPS I've had so far that could also (always) wait a bit after
> power return were APC Smart-UPS's.

Thanks for this extra info.