[Nut-upsuser] Delayed UPS start up after shutdown?

Kris Jordan nut01.kj at sagebrushnetworks.com
Fri Dec 27 02:29:42 UTC 2013

Angel Tsankov wrote, On 12/26/2013 12:04 AM:
> On 12/25/2013 11:42 PM, Kris Jordan wrote:
>> Angel Tsankov wrote, On 12/25/2013 12:16 AM:
>>>
>>> What did you mean by "load.on.delay"?
>>
>> upscmd -l <ups>
>>
>> load.on.delay - Turn on the load with a delay (seconds)
>
> Alright, but... how does this command work? Once it has been executed,
> will the UPS wait the specified period before turning the load on
> whenever main power is back?

The load.on/off commands let you control the load by sending commands to
the UPS. One use might be in large installations where you want to fully
control (stage) the start-up/shut-down sequence. On a Eaton 3S, the
commands worked independently of the state of the manual power switch,
but on others I've seen undesired operation. I was just playing, so far
I've not needed the functionality.

No, to my knowledge, it won't change the power return behavior.

>> ups.timer.shutdown: 0
>> ups.timer.start: 0
>>
>> are my upsc values. I'll have to pay more attention to those next time I
>> test.
>
> Can you change these values in your UPS's?

They aren't in upsrw. I'll be watching them after sending UPS commands
that have a delay.