[Nut-upsuser] Password encryption?

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 13:48:03 UTC 2013

On Feb 18, 2013, at 12:00 PM, Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk wrote:

> Trying to setup a testserver with NUT here, and I notice the password is set in cleartext in the upsd.users file. Is there a way to store it encrypted? I don't like cleartext passwords…

I don't think the SSL documentation is fully up to date on this, but what if you treat the password as throwaway, and require client certificates?

Due to license incompatibilities, we never fully developed the OpenSSL support in NUT, but post-2.6.5 we have Mozilla NSS support as an option, and new features have been added there (such as requiring valid client-side certificates on connections to upsd).

--
Charles Lepple
clepple at gmail