[Nut-upsuser] UPS Liebert GXT-3

Marcelo Roccasalva roccas at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 23:21:36 UTC 2013

On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 7:35 PM, Charles Lepple <clepple at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Feb 21, 2013, at 3:18 PM, Marcelo Roccasalva wrote:
>
>>          wDescriptorLength     260
>>          Warning: incomplete report descriptor
>>          Report Descriptor: (length is 99)
>
> This is not good. I don't know much about this UPS - if it has a serial port, have you ever gotten that to work? (Some other vendors tend to only support using one interface after the UPS starts up.)

Tomorrow I'll be there, but I think there's no serial port...

> Also, are there any lines in dmesg that seem to refer to this UPS?

nope...

> If the NUT driver is doing something that the UPS firmware doesn't expect during initialization, we might be able to attack this from another angle by capturing the communication with the vendor monitoring program. (However, it is disconcerting that standard USB queries for retrieving descriptors are not working properly.)

This was the start of the story: the vendor monitoring program
installer doesn't offer me the usb connection option (among other
restrictions)... Vendor support hasn't solved their issue...

I'll try the windows monitoring program tomorrow...

--
Marcelo

"¿No será acaso que esta vida moderna está teniendo más de moderna que de
vida?" (Mafalda)