[Nut-upsuser] false low battery alarm

Vieri rentorbuy at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 28 18:17:04 UTC 2013

--- On Thu, 2/28/13, Kris Jordan <nut.kj at sagebrushnetworks.com> wrote:

> Are you using APC's supplied serial cable? They have special
> wiring and it varies depending on UPS model.

The 3 APC ups devices are identical (same model/serial number) and I'm successfully monitoring one of them with a serial cable connected to an RS232-USB adapter. I'm using the exact same serial cable (checked the pin layout) and the other 2 are dying on me. I DON'T have the original cables because these ups devices were already installed when I got there and noone bothered storing those cables somewhere. Maybe I could find the serial cable pin outs on the manufacturer's web site but I'm supposing the cable I'm using is fine since it's working with an identical model.

Nevertheless I'll take some extra time to search for the ups cables just in case I do find them and they really are different.

Thanks for the hint.

Vieri