[Nut-upsuser] Tecnoware ERA LCD (UPSilon 2000) communication problem

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 13:30:48 UTC 2013

On Dec 28, 2012, at 8:18 AM, Rob Power wrote:

> PS: in case it actually is some kind of protocol problem (maybe need a slightly different langid_fix or so) do someone know if I can find more info and eventually debugging help in nut-upsdev mailing-list? like how to sniff usb while using UPSilon2000 on windows, if possible, and contribute to development?

It's certainly possible. This discussion has probably moved into the realm of the nut-upsdev list, but to get started, it seems like there are two open source software-based solutions: Run a USB sniffer in Windows XP, or use the Linux USB capture facilities on a Windows virtual machine (e.g. VMware or VirtualBox). More details here:

http://wiki.wireshark.org/Tools#USB_capture

http://wiki.wireshark.org/CaptureSetup/USB

--
Charles Lepple