[Nut-upsuser] bug report: apcsmart (WIN) 940-0024C connect fail, problem with command 'E'

Michal Soltys soltys at ziu.info
Thu Jan 31 11:15:39 UTC 2013

On 2013-01-30 04:00, Markus Pruehs wrote:

> These units neither support the capabilities 'a', model '\001' nor new
> firmware 'b' commands. Because there is no compatibility entry for 6JI, NUT
> tests all commands thereby sending 'E' to the UPS which has a different
> meaning: It does not report the configured self test interval as expexted
> but results in 'OK', disables the alarm and freezes the battery voltage thus
> rendering the UPS almost useless. I contacted APC for an explanation of the
> purpose but have not received a response yet. The only way to leave this
> state seems to be switching off/on (resetting) the UPS. I would like to
> suggest to update NUT with a compatibility entry for firmware 6JI without
> command 'E'. However, command 'T' reports the UPS power on hours in decimal
> format xxx.x

About this one:

What does your ups respond to 'V' ? If 'E' is being send, then it looks
like it matched something - as otherwise (if V/b/a all fail, only a very
limited subset of commands is tried - 'E' is not among those).

'T' also means something entirely different in some other cases, hmmmm.
Will have to think how to handle that.