[Nut-upsuser] (in)compatible UPS via network

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Mon Jun 3 23:07:13 UTC 2013

On Jun 3, 2013, at 9:35 AM, Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:

> when I have UPS connected to NUT server, does it matter if the NUT client
> (running a different version) supports that UPS?
>
> In other words, does the NUT protocol require the UPS being supported by the
> client in addition to the server?

As far as drivers are concerned, no. The client simply asks the server for either a specific variable, or a list of all variables.

There were some new features introduced in 2.6.4, and I can't imagine that anyone is still running a version older than 2.0. Those changes are documented here:

http://www.networkupstools.org/docs/developer-guide.chunked/ar01s09.html#_revision_history

--
Charles Lepple
clepple at gmail