[Nut-upsuser] upsrw doesn't set variable

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Sat Jun 29 13:59:15 UTC 2013

On Jun 29, 2013, at 9:45 AM, Mike. wrote:

> On 6/29/2013 at 9:14 AM Mike. wrote:
>
> |NUT 2.6.5 on FreeBSD 9.1
> |

> |Why isn't the variable outlet.1.delay.shutdown set with the following
> |command?
> |

> |# upsc PW5125 at localhost | grep "outlet.1.delay.shutdown"
> |outlet.1.delay.shutdown: -1
> |
> |# upsrw -u au -p ap -s outlet.1.delay.shutdown PW5125 at localhost
> |Enter new value for outlet.1.delay.shutdown: 10
> |OK
> |
> |# upsc PW5125 at localhost | grep "outlet.1.delay.shutdown"
> |outlet.1.delay.shutdown: -1
> |

> |Am I missing something obvious?
> =============
>

> Forgot to add ups.conf:
>

> [PW5125]
>  driver = bcmxcp
>  port = /dev/cuau0
>  baud_rate = 9600
>  desc = "PW 5125 - 1500"

I was just going to gripe about the lack of driver information :-)

Sounds similar to Pascal's question:

http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/nut-upsuser/2013-June/008462.html

Do you see anything from syslog at LOG_NOTICE? In theory, the bcmxcp driver should log a message if the parameter change is refused by the UPS.

If not, you could try re-running the driver with a few -D flags. That will show some information on the commands and responses.

We also have a bcmxcp branch that has a few fixes beyond v2.6.5, but none of them seem particularly relevant.

Arnaud mentioned that some of the PowerWare devices have a USB HID interface that may be more fully mapped out. If you have a USB port on the UPS, you could try changing the parameter with usbhid-ups, then switching back to bcmxcp for long-term monitoring.

--
Charles Lepple
clepple at gmail