[Nut-upsuser] upsrw doesn't set variable

Mike. the.lists at mgm51.com
Sat Jun 29 15:28:14 UTC 2013

On 6/29/2013 at 9:59 AM Charles Lepple wrote:

|On Jun 29, 2013, at 9:45 AM, Mike. wrote:
|
|> On 6/29/2013 at 9:14 AM Mike. wrote:
|>
|> |NUT 2.6.5 on FreeBSD 9.1
|> |
|> |
|> |Why isn't the variable outlet.1.delay.shutdown set with the
following
|> |command?
|> |
|> |
|> |
|> |# upsc PW5125 at localhost | grep "outlet.1.delay.shutdown"
|> |outlet.1.delay.shutdown: -1
|> |
|> |# upsrw -u au -p ap -s outlet.1.delay.shutdown PW5125 at localhost
|> |Enter new value for outlet.1.delay.shutdown: 10
|> |OK
|> |
|> |# upsc PW5125 at localhost | grep "outlet.1.delay.shutdown"
|> |outlet.1.delay.shutdown: -1
|> |
|> |
|> |
|> |
|> |Am I missing something obvious?
|> =============
|>

|> Forgot to add ups.conf:
|>

|> [PW5125]
|>  driver = bcmxcp
|>  port = /dev/cuau0
|>  baud_rate = 9600
|>  desc = "PW 5125 - 1500"
|

|[snip]
|
|Do you see anything from syslog at LOG_NOTICE? In theory, the bcmxcp
|driver should log a message if the parameter change is refused by the
UPS.

|If not, you could try re-running the driver with a few -D flags. That
will
|show some information on the commands and responses.
|
|We also have a bcmxcp branch that has a few fixes beyond v2.6.5, but
none
|of them seem particularly relevant.
|
|Arnaud mentioned that some of the PowerWare devices have a USB HID
|interface that may be more fully mapped out. If you have a USB port on
the
|UPS, you could try changing the parameter with usbhid-ups, then
switching
|back to bcmxcp for long-term monitoring.

|--
|Charles Lepple
|clepple at gmail
 =============

Thanks for the quick reply.

I checked the log file (which, admittedly, I should have done before I
posted about the problem :)  ).

Here's the command and the corresponding log message:

  # upsrw  -u au -p ap -s outlet.1.delay.shutdown=12  PW5125 at localhost
    OK

  bcmxcp[90004]: Set [outlet.1.delay.shutdown 12] failed due to invalid
parameter

Curious that the command gives an "OK" response, even though it logs a
failure.

I'll try the -D flags when I have some time, maybe this evening.  btw,
how many is "a few" -D flags?

fwiw, I don't have a USB port on the UPS, just serial.

Thanks.