[Nut-upsuser] Tripp-Lite OMNI750ISO

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Mon Mar 25 13:26:53 UTC 2013

On Mar 25, 2013, at 2:34 AM, David Vree wrote:

> Got one of these up and running with the tripplite_usb driver on Ubuntu Server 12.04  x64.  This particular model has product code 0x1000.

I haven't run across a product code on these units before (just the USB VID, PID, and a Tripp-Lite specific protocol, which appears to be 2001 in your case).

Did you install via the official .debs, or source? The Ubuntu .debs should set everything up with udev - if not, please file a bug: https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/nut

> If anyone has any questions let me know.  Here's what I am got back from the upsc command:
>
> battery.charge: 100
> battery.test.status: Battery OK
> battery.voltage: 14.75
> battery.voltage.nominal: 36
> device.mfr: Tripp Lite
> device.model: UPS
> device.type: ups
> driver.name: tripplite_usb
> driver.parameter.pollinterval: 2
> driver.parameter.port: /dev/usb/hiddev0
> driver.version: 2.6.3
> driver.version.internal: 0.20
> input.voltage: 106.97
> input.voltage.nominal: 120
> output.voltage: 114.0
> ups.debug.load_banks: 0
> ups.debug.V: 31 30 36 30 58 58 0d '1060XX.'
> ups.delay.shutdown: 64
> ups.firmware: F1247.A
> ups.firmware.aux: protocol 2001
> ups.mfr: Tripp Lite
> ups.model: UPS
> ups.power.nominal: 750
> ups.productid: 0001
> ups.status: OL
> ups.vendorid: 09ae
>
> One question I have thought is this:  What triggers the drive to send the shutdown command?

As Doug mentioned, by default NUT shuts down when the UPS signals LB (low battery). If there is no "upsrw" variable available to adjust, it means one of two things: the UPS can't adjust this limit, or we don't know how to adjust it. [update: I see that this is not listed in the upsrw output. bummer.]

It is worth pointing out that the serial and non-PDC Tripp-Lite UPSes are all based on reverse-engineered protocols. Only the Tripp-Lite models supported by usbhid-ups are based on an open standard protocol (HID Power Device Class), and even then, some experimentation was needed.

--
Charles Lepple
clepple at gmail