[Nut-upsuser] Controlling an APC 9210 with nut

Graeme Hilton graeme.hilton at fishter.org.uk
Tue Mar 26 16:19:59 UTC 2013

I have an APC 9210 PDU in my rack.  It's connected to the network and
is configurable by web access.

I'd like to control it in combination with my ups.  Unfortunately I
cannot get NUT to recognise this PDU.  Here's my ups.conf section:
[apc]
  driver = snmp-ups
  port = 192.168.10.21
  mibs = auto
  community = public
  snmp_version = v1

running upsdrvctl gives this:
$ sudo /sbin/upsdrvctl start apc
Network UPS Tools - UPS driver controller 2.6.5
Network UPS Tools - Generic SNMP UPS driver 0.68 (2.6.5)
No matching MIB found for sysOID '.1.3.6.1.4.1.318.1.3.4.5'!
Please report it to NUT developers, with an 'upsc' output for your device.
Going back to the classic MIB detection method.
No supported device detected
Driver failed to start (exit status=1)
$

What's the upsc output that the developers want?
I have a MIB file supplied from APC, but is there a way I can give
this to upsd to use?

Cheers,

--
Graeme Hilton