[Nut-upsuser] Controlling an APC 9210 with nut

Graeme Hilton graeme.hilton at fishter.org.uk
Wed Mar 27 11:29:37 UTC 2013

On 27 March 2013 02:19, Charles Lepple <clepple at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mar 26, 2013, at 12:19 PM, Graeme Hilton wrote:
>
> > What's the upsc output that the developers want?
> > I have a MIB file supplied from APC, but is there a way I can give
> > this to upsd to use?
>

> The process isn't automatic yet:
>

> http://buildbot.networkupstools.org/~buildbot/cayenne/docs/reb1f01ed6f0e3844d00876b748287976b7c2478a-343/website/output/docs/developer-guide.chunked/ar01s04.html#snmp-subdrivers
>
> We have a script to generate a stub SNMP driver, but it requires a bit of
> work to merge that back into the existing driver.
>
> The author of the snmp-ups driver doesn't have a lot of free time at the
> moment, but if you follow those directions and post results to the list
> (either this one, or nut-upsdev), I'll see what I can do.

I've checked out the source code and generated the powernet386-mib.c and .h
files; edited the snmp-ups.c and Makefile.am according to the process in
that linked document.

The build process appears to get to make and then throws this error:
Using existing blazer.8 manual page, since 'asciidoc' was not found.
make[2]: *** No rule to make target `blazer_ser.8', needed by `all-am'.
 Stop.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/ghilton/workspace/nut/trunk/docs/man'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/ghilton/workspace/nut/trunk/docs'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

Is this critical?  Can I exclude this from the compilation?

Do you want me to send you the powernet386-mib files and the mib file?

Any help is appreciated,

--
Graeme Hilton