[Nut-upsuser] Controlling an APC 9210 with nut

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 12:50:55 UTC 2013

On Mar 27, 2013, at 7:29 AM, Graeme Hilton wrote:

> I've checked out the source code and generated the powernet386-mib.c and .h files; edited the snmp-ups.c and Makefile.am according to the process in that linked document.

Hmm, the *.c/*.h files seem to be mostly comments. What was the command line you used?

Also, I don't know whether this is related, but it looks like you might need to specify the path to the MIB file differently. The "-n" argument seems to be used to create a name for the SNMP subdriver, and at the moment that name has slash characters in it (which won't work in C). I suspect the command line should contain "-M /usr/share/snmp/mibs -n powernet386.mib".

> The build process appears to get to make and then throws this error:
> Using existing blazer.8 manual page, since 'asciidoc' was not found.

For now, the easiest way is build only the SNMP driver:

   $ cd drivers; make snmp-ups

I need to finish the Buildbot code to upload the auto-generated tarball which includes the output of asciidoc.

--
Charles Lepple
clepple at gmail