[Nut-upsuser] can't find UPS on openwrt/arm

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Fri May 3 16:21:21 UTC 2013

On 14.04.13 15:57, Charles Lepple wrote:
>It does seem that it is a libusb-1.0 issue, yes. They may not be aware of
> it, though (since it probably only comes up when dealing with broken USB
> descriptors like on your UPS).  Before bothering to upgrade, check to see
> if they have a newer libusb-1.0, and then we can see if they might have
> fixed this.
>
>Are there any test tools that come with libusb-1.0? The libusb-0.1 source
> tree had a tool that was like a miniature lsusb: it would print some
> descriptor information, but not much else.  I don't know if many
> distributions packaged that.  If there is such a tool for 1.0, that would
> make a great test case to confirm that the problem is in libusb-1.0.

after further checking, it seems that the issue lies in
"libusb_compat - 0.1.4-1" present in current OpenWRT trunk.
After moving to OpenWRT 12.09 containing "libusb - 0.1.12-3" the UPS is
detected just fine.

Detected a UPS: EATON/Protection Station 800

I'm getting other error:

libusb_get_interrupt: Connection timed out

but this may be standard process, is it?

now I wonder if nut could support libusb-1.0 (does it?)

Windows found: (R)emove, (E)rase, (D)elete