[Nut-upsuser] I can't make changes to ups.delay.shutdown to stick

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Sat Apr 5 11:53:06 UTC 2014

On Apr 5, 2014, at 7:18 AM, Mick wrote:

> $ upsrw -s "ups.delay.shutdown"="30" iDowell at localhost
> Username (suzy): admin
> Password:
> OK

This command is sending the value to the UPS (via the usbhid-ups driver).

> $ upsc iDowell at localhost ups.delay.shutdown
> 30

And this command ends up reading the value back from the UPS.

> However, following a reboot the ups.delay.shutdown reverts to the default
> value of 20s.  I tried running the upsrw -s command as root, but also got 20s
> after a reboot.  This is what the access rights of the configuration files
> look like:

The permissions are not applicable here.

The upsrw command was designed for changing variables that are typically stored in non-volatile memory on the UPS. Unfortunately, your UPS doesn't seem to do that.

Does the UPS respect the delay setting? (might be easier to see with a much larger delay value.) If not, there is a chance that the mappings from NUT variable names to HID identifiers are incorrect.

--
Charles Lepple
clepple at gmail