[Nut-upsuser] CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD and NUT upsset.cgi

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 13:13:50 UTC 2014

On Apr 15, 2014, at 2:18 PM, Bill S wrote:

> Since there is apparently no immediate solution to upsstats.cgi not
> reading the output voltage correctly, I have moved on to trying to use
> upsset.cgi.   To recap the UPS is a CyberPower CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD
> UPS running on a headless server running Slackware 14.1 with the
> 3.10.7 kernel.  The version of NUT is 2.71 and I am using usbhid-ups
> for communication with the UPS
>
> The problem is that when I run upsset.cgi I first get a prompt for
> user name and password.  I then enter the same username and password
> as I established in upsd.users and it seems to accept it.  When I try
> to change a setting on the settings page however I receive an access
> denied message.  An example is below.
>
> set input.transfer.high to 142 (was 136)
> Unexpected response: ERR ACCESS-DENIED
> No settings changed.
>
> I also receive a similar message when I try to use the quick command screen.
>
> Sending command: test.battery.start.quick
> Response: ERR ACCESS-DENIED
>
> Anyone have a suggestion on what is wrong.

If anyone else on the list has used upsset.cgi, please feel free to chime in. I only use the command-line tools these days.

To change variables or send a command, the user/password you are using needs to have permissions to do so. In the upsd.users man page, the first example, [admin], shows how to allow pretty much everything.

If that doesn't work, please post upsd.users with the passwords removed.

--
Charles Lepple
clepple at gmail