[Nut-upsuser] CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD and NUT upsset.cgi

Bill S kenwood0622 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 18:18:26 UTC 2014

Since there is apparently no immediate solution to upsstats.cgi not
reading the output voltage correctly, I have moved on to trying to use
upsset.cgi.   To recap the UPS is a CyberPower CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD
UPS running on a headless server running Slackware 14.1 with the
3.10.7 kernel.  The version of NUT is 2.71 and I am using usbhid-ups
for communication with the UPS

The problem is that when I run upsset.cgi I first get a prompt for
user name and password.  I then enter the same username and password
as I established in upsd.users and it seems to accept it.  When I try
to change a setting on the settings page however I receive an access
denied message.  An example is below.

 set input.transfer.high to 142 (was 136)
Unexpected response: ERR ACCESS-DENIED
No settings changed.

I also receive a similar message when I try to use the quick command screen.

Sending command: test.battery.start.quick
Response: ERR ACCESS-DENIED

Anyone have a suggestion on what is wrong.