[Nut-upsuser] Power race? with Eaton 5E and how to auto-mute beeper

Leith Bade leith at leithalweapon.geek.nz
Sun Aug 10 07:52:30 UTC 2014

As I was writing the last email I just saw this a message that
communications with the UPS was lost, followed a bit later that it had
been restored.

[ 7883.236755] usb 1-10: usbfs: USBDEVFS_CONTROL failed cmd usbhid-ups
rqt 161 rq 1 len 4 ret -110
[ 7884.140431] usb 1-10: USB disconnect, device number 9
[ 7885.050902] usb 1-10: new low-speed USB device number 10 using xhci_hcd
[ 7885.662851] usb 1-10: New USB device found, idVendor=0463, idProduct=ffff
[ 7885.662859] usb 1-10: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2,
SerialNumber=0
[ 7885.662864] usb 1-10: Product: 5E
[ 7885.662868] usb 1-10: Manufacturer: EATON
[ 7885.663100] usb 1-10: ep 0x81 - rounding interval to 128
microframes, ep desc says 160 microframes
[ 7887.625203] hid-generic 0003:0463:FFFF.0005: hiddev0,hidraw2: USB
HID v1.10 Device [EATON 5E] on usb-0000:00:14.0-10/input0
[ 7889.538816] usb 1-10: ep 0x81 - rounding interval to 128
microframes, ep desc says 160 microframes

Now this is almost identical to the Eaton Nova error and the linux-usb error.

I have now set up usbmon to dump all USB messages 24/7 and will leave
it running to see if I can capture more info.
Thanks,
Leith Bade
leith at leithalweapon.geek.nz