[Nut-upsuser] puzzle, need magic incantation (nut.conf)

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 01:35:15 UTC 2014

On Dec 1, 2014, at 9:43 AM, Gene Heskett <gheskett at wdtv.com> wrote:

> Hi Charles;
>
> I had nut working from before, but managed to lock up something and had to
> reboot.  Nut is in the stuff to start at boot time, but is not now capable
> to being restarted with the nut script in /etc/init.d, claiming it is
> disabled:
>
> gene at coyote:/usr/src/nut-2.7.2/docs/man$ sudo service nut start
> * nut disabled, please adjust the configuration to your needs
> * Then set MODE to a suitable value in /usr/local/ups/etc/nut/nut.conf to
> enable it
> gene at coyote:/usr/src/nut-2.7.2/docs/man$ service nut start
> * nut disabled, please adjust the configuration to your needs
> * Then set MODE to a suitable value in /usr/local/ups/etc/nut/nut.conf to
> enable it
>
> So I look at that file and see it has only one active line:
> mode=standalone

Hi Gene,

Is the "MODE" token capitalized?

(The nut.conf file is included in the startup shell script, which is case-sensitive.)

Here is the original nut.conf with its comments:

https://github.com/networkupstools/nut/blob/587d5f828c03d961f0cbeb11c6a19a7944ec6ccd/conf/nut.conf.sample

--
Charles Lepple
clepple at gmail