[Nut-upsuser] interrupt pipe disabled [APC SMT3000RMI2U]

Frantz de Germain frantz at info.univ-angers.fr
Wed Dec 17 08:46:04 UTC 2014

Le Tue, 16 Dec 2014 20:38:50 -0500
Charles Lepple <clepple at gmail.com> écrivait:

> On Dec 16, 2014, at 9:45 AM, Frantz de Germain <frantz at info.univ-angers.fr> wrote:
>
> > Bye the way I just realize that I can't retrieve the ups.load, among other
> > thing :-(
>
> To the best of my knowledge, Microlink is not supported by any third-party tools (including NUT), but some variables are exposed via standard USB HID. Apparently, ups.load is not one of them.
>
> Your UPS might support MODBUS:
>
>    http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/nut-upsdev/2014-July/006769.html
>
> but we need developers to help add MODBUS support to NUT.
>
> Alternatively, you can use apcupsd:
>
>    http://apcupsd.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/apcupsd/apcupsd/ReleaseNotes?pathrev=Release-3_14_11
>
> and if you need connectivity with an existing NUT setup:
>
>    http://www.networkupstools.org/docs/man/apcupsd-ups.html

This seems to me a little bit complicated :-( Instead, can I use the
apcsmart driver with the provided 940-0625a câble (RJ45/DB9 connectors) ? Or
do I need to acquire an AP9620 SmartSlot expansion card, as I've seen in the
Hardware compatibility list page ?

--
Frantz de Germain
Département Informatique UFR Sciences / DDN