[Nut-upsuser] Shutdown when both (all) UPS on battery / low battery

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Thu Jan 23 00:58:21 UTC 2014

On Jan 21, 2014, at 9:24 AM, Rafal Oleszek wrote:

> I tried all options:
> 1,2
> and in MINSUPPLIES: 1,2,3,4
> still didn't work.

My mistake - I gave you the wrong advice before. For MINSUPPLIES, I'm used to either a 1:1 UPS-to-server ratio, or 2:1 where the server can run with either power supply unpowered.

I just tried this in upsmon.conf:

MONITOR dummy1 1 monuser password slave
MONITOR dummy2 1 monuser password slave
MINSUPPLIES 1

With only one dummy-ups set to "OB LB", upsmon kept polling. When both were set to "OB LB", it tried to shut down the system.

That was with NUT 2.7.1 - I don't remember any bugs in this area, but it would be in the changelog.

> UPS_251 and UPS_252 feeds all environment and it's not feed directly one
> server, but many of them.

Right, and only the master is responsible for shutting down the UPS itself. Or do you mean that not all of the servers are connected to both UPSes?

--
Charles Lepple
clepple at gmail