[Nut-upsuser] About your driver NUTDRV_ATCL_USB(8) for install

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Fri Jul 25 03:02:49 UTC 2014

On Jul 24, 2014, at 2:20 PM, Steve Ballantyne <steve.ballantyne at gmail.com> wrote:

> #now we ./configure and make it
> ./configure --without-doc --with-drivers=tripplite_usb,upsdrvctl

Pere: if you do build manually from source, you'll want to replace tripplite_usb with nutdrv_atcl_usb here. (I would still recommend trying to get apt-src to work.)

> #still tries to build docs, even though I said NO to docs
> cp Makefile Makefile.orig
> sed -i 's/include common clients conf data tools docs drivers/include
> common clients conf data tools drivers/' Makefile

Shouldn't be necessary for a tarball install (docs are already included).

I would also recommend using libusb-0.1.12 (build against libusb-dev in Debian). We haven't done as much testing with libusb-1.0 and libusb-compat.

--
Charles Lepple
clepple at gmail