[Nut-upsuser] blazer_ser battery.high / battery.low

Andreas Lausch / TBT andreas.lausch at tbt.at
Mon Jun 2 16:25:10 UTC 2014

Hi,

thanks for the reply.

On 2014-05-29 05:21, Charles Lepple wrote:
>> Now my questions:
>> 1. should the blazer_ser's high voltage be the voltage during charging
>> or right after I've unplugged it from the mains?
> sounds like during charging (or more accurately, during float charging at the end of the cycle):
>
> http://www.networkupstools.org/docs/man/blazer.html#_extra_arguments

Are you sure? If I put the 27.4 (reported voltage @ 100%) in the config,
battery.charge drops immediately when unplugged, because the reported
battery.voltage then is only 26.xV. (But I'm not sure the battery was at
100% when I saw the 26.xV)

>> 2. should the blazer_ser's low voltage be 21.6V (Low) or 19.2V (Shutdown)?
>  From the calculations, I would guess 19.2V. In general, the LB signal comes when the battery is around 30%, so that there is still some charge left while the load is powering down.

Yeah, I think so too.

>> 3. Is there any way I can submit the high/low values, so they get
>> integrated into the driver or doesn't blazer_ser support voltage presets
>> per model?
>
> It doesn't look like it.
>
> Also, the blazer* drivers are no longer maintained, and are being replaced by the nutdrv_qx driver (which uses very similar code for these calculations, but the model-specific code is organized differently).

> A comment in qx_initbattery() implies that some UPSes can provide the battery voltage range. You might try that driver (available in 2.7.1 and later) to see if it does this automatically. If not, you can check with the driver author to see about integrating some per-model defaults.

Afaik blazer_* supports the same feature, but the power walker usvs don't seem to report anything.

I'm using NUT 2.6.3 from the Ubuntu 12.04.4 LTS repo and I have to stick to that until 14.04.1 LTS comes out (July 24th) :/
Anyway, looking at the subdrivers nutdrv_qx_*.c, I see neither a  "battery.voltage.high" nor the idea to make model-specific  assumptions/presets (only brand-specific (protocols)).

--
Thanks
Andreas