[Nut-upsuser] Tripp Lite SMART3000RM2U (protocol 3003) running time and charge?

Stefan Bruda stefan at bruda.ca
Tue Jun 3 13:42:30 UTC 2014

Hello,

At 23:07 -0400 on 2014-6-2 Charles Lepple wrote:

 > > Great, many thanks.  I have pulled tripplite_usb.c only (with the rest
 > > as provided by Gentoo, meaning version 2.7.1) but the result ends up
 > > reading incorrect values:
 > >
 > >   0.050452     Setting 'battery_min' to 1e+01
 > >   0.050472     Setting 'battery_max' to 1e+01
 >
 > Meh, that should have been "%.1f" instead of "%.g". I think it read
 > the values correctly, but it just printed them wrong.

Sorry for missing this myself before reporting.  Yes, the problem was
in printing the values.

 > > In any event, I pulled the whole tree but its build fails as follows:
 > >
 > > make[2]: Entering directory `/home/bruda/nut-master/docs/man'
 > > Using existing upsclient.3 manual page, since 'asciidoc' was not found.
 > > Using existing upscli_add_host_cert.3 manual page, since 'asciidoc' was not found.
 > > Using existing upscli_cleanup.3 manual page, since 'asciidoc' was not found.
 > > Using existing upscli_connect.3 manual page, since 'asciidoc' was not found.
 > > Using existing upscli_disconnect.3 manual page, since 'asciidoc' was not found.
 > > Using existing upscli_fd.3 manual page, since 'asciidoc' was not found.
 > > Using existing upscli_get.3 manual page, since 'asciidoc' was not found.
 > > Using existing upscli_init.3 manual page, since 'asciidoc' was not found.
 > > Using existing upscli_list_next.3 manual page, since 'asciidoc' was not found.
 > > Using existing upscli_list_start.3 manual page, since 'asciidoc' was not found.
 > > Using existing upscli_readline.3 manual page, since 'asciidoc' was not found.
 > > Using existing upscli_sendline.3 manual page, since 'asciidoc' was not found.
 > > Using existing upscli_splitaddr.3 manual page, since 'asciidoc' was not found.
 > > Using existing upscli_splitname.3 manual page, since 'asciidoc' was not found.
 > > Using existing upscli_ssl.3 manual page, since 'asciidoc' was not found.
 > > Using existing upscli_strerror.3 manual page, since 'asciidoc' was not found.
 > > Using existing upscli_upserror.3 manual page, since 'asciidoc' was not found.
 > > Using existing libnutclient.3 manual page, since 'asciidoc' was not found.
 > > Using existing libnutclient_commands.3 manual page, since 'asciidoc' was not found.
 > > Using existing libnutclient_devices.3 manual page, since 'asciidoc' was not found.
 > > Using existing libnutclient_general.3 manual page, since 'asciidoc' was not found.
 > > Using existing libnutclient_misc.3 manual page, since 'asciidoc' was not found.
 > > Using existing libnutclient_tcp.3 manual page, since 'asciidoc' was not found.
 > > Using existing libnutclient_variables.3 manual page, since 'asciidoc' was not found.
 > > make[2]: *** No rule to make target `nutclient_authenticate.3', needed by `all-am'.  Stop.
 > > make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/bruda/nut-master/docs/man'
 > > make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
 > >
 > > I don't think that me missing asciidoc is the cause.  Any idea what I
 > > am doing wrong?
 >
 > I'll have to look at this again later, but when you say "pull the
 > whole tree", you are referring to the Git tree, right?

Yes.

 > Fortunately, our Buildbot tarball builder is behaving somewhat, so
 > the top nut-2.7.2.5.tar.gz link at the URL below should get you
 > everything, including the updated tripplite_usb.c (if you click on
 > the gray "Build ###" link, it will show you the latest change(s)
 > that triggered that build):

I did not get the %.1f change from the Buildroot, but once this was
done locally I built 2.7.2.5 fine and I am running it as we speak
without issues so far.  This being said, it should be noted however
(for the record) that the configuration I am using is restricted only
to the Tripp Lite drivers and does not include the CGIs and other
goodies:

    ./configure --prefix=/usr --build=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu \
       --host=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu --mandir=/usr/share/man \
       --infodir=/usr/share/info --datadir=/usr/share \
       --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var/lib --libdir=/usr/lib64 \
       --disable-silent-rules --disable-dependency-tracking \
       --sysconfdir=/etc/nut --datarootdir=/usr/share/nut \
       --datadir=/usr/share/nut --disable-static \
       --with-statepath=/var/lib/nut --with-drvpath=/lib64/nut \
       --with-htmlpath=/usr/share/nut/html --with-user=nut \
       --with-group=nut --with-logfacility=LOG_DAEMON --with-dev \
       --with-serial --without-powerman --with-avahi --without-cgi \
       --without-ipmi --without-freeipmi --without-snmp --with-ssl \
       --with-wrap --with-usb --with-neon \
       --with-systemdsystemunitdir=/usr/lib/systemd/system \
       --with-drivers=tripplite,tripplite_usb,tripplitesu

Again for the record it also seems that none of the Gentoo patches are
needed anymore (at least for the restricted version I am using).

Thank you once more for the assistance!

Best regards,
Stefan

--
If it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it
isn't, it ain't.  That's logic.  --Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass

No HTML emails and proprietary attachments please <http://bruda.ca/ascii>