[Nut-upsuser] Tripp Lite SMART3000RM2U (protocol 3003) running time and charge?

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 03:07:08 UTC 2014

On Jun 2, 2014, at 10:25 PM, Stefan Bruda wrote:

> Hello,

>>> Yes, the V_interval[] being exposed is a very good idea and does seem
>>> the only sensible workaround.
>>
>> As of the latest push (rev 0d1e017), the tripplite_usb driver
>> (v0.22) now reads the battery_min and battery_max variables from
>> ups.conf at startup.
>
> Great, many thanks.  I have pulled tripplite_usb.c only (with the rest
> as provided by Gentoo, meaning version 2.7.1) but the result ends up
> reading incorrect values:
>
>   0.050452     Setting 'battery_min' to 1e+01
>   0.050472     Setting 'battery_max' to 1e+01

Meh, that should have been "%.1f" instead of "%.g". I think it read the values correctly, but it just printed them wrong.

> I thought that I have to pull some more files, but I note that
> revision 0d1e017 does not change anything else worth mentioning.
> Strange...
>
> Just to be sure though, this is what I have in /etc/nut/ups.conf:
>
> [post]
>    driver = tripplite_usb
>    port = auto
>    desc = "Main comm UPS"
>    battery_min = 11
>    battery_max = 13.6
>
> This is how the things need to be specified, right?

Yes.

> In any event, I pulled the whole tree but its build fails as follows:
>
> make[2]: Entering directory `/home/bruda/nut-master/docs/man'
> Using existing upsclient.3 manual page, since 'asciidoc' was not found.
> Using existing upscli_add_host_cert.3 manual page, since 'asciidoc' was not found.
> Using existing upscli_cleanup.3 manual page, since 'asciidoc' was not found.
> Using existing upscli_connect.3 manual page, since 'asciidoc' was not found.
> Using existing upscli_disconnect.3 manual page, since 'asciidoc' was not found.
> Using existing upscli_fd.3 manual page, since 'asciidoc' was not found.
> Using existing upscli_get.3 manual page, since 'asciidoc' was not found.
> Using existing upscli_init.3 manual page, since 'asciidoc' was not found.
> Using existing upscli_list_next.3 manual page, since 'asciidoc' was not found.
> Using existing upscli_list_start.3 manual page, since 'asciidoc' was not found.
> Using existing upscli_readline.3 manual page, since 'asciidoc' was not found.
> Using existing upscli_sendline.3 manual page, since 'asciidoc' was not found.
> Using existing upscli_splitaddr.3 manual page, since 'asciidoc' was not found.
> Using existing upscli_splitname.3 manual page, since 'asciidoc' was not found.
> Using existing upscli_ssl.3 manual page, since 'asciidoc' was not found.
> Using existing upscli_strerror.3 manual page, since 'asciidoc' was not found.
> Using existing upscli_upserror.3 manual page, since 'asciidoc' was not found.
> Using existing libnutclient.3 manual page, since 'asciidoc' was not found.
> Using existing libnutclient_commands.3 manual page, since 'asciidoc' was not found.
> Using existing libnutclient_devices.3 manual page, since 'asciidoc' was not found.
> Using existing libnutclient_general.3 manual page, since 'asciidoc' was not found.
> Using existing libnutclient_misc.3 manual page, since 'asciidoc' was not found.
> Using existing libnutclient_tcp.3 manual page, since 'asciidoc' was not found.
> Using existing libnutclient_variables.3 manual page, since 'asciidoc' was not found.
> make[2]: *** No rule to make target `nutclient_authenticate.3', needed by `all-am'.  Stop.
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/bruda/nut-master/docs/man'
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
>
> I don't think that me missing asciidoc is the cause.  Any idea what I
> am doing wrong?

I'll have to look at this again later, but when you say "pull the whole tree", you are referring to the Git tree, right?

We try to keep as few generated files in Git as possible, and the man pages are generated from asciidoc text files. So if you build from Git, you'll need a few more dependencies (such as asciidoc, auto*, etc.) than if you build from a tarball.

Fortunately, our Buildbot tarball builder is behaving somewhat, so the top nut-2.7.2.5.tar.gz link at the URL below should get you everything, including the updated tripplite_usb.c (if you click on the gray "Build ###" link, it will show you the latest change(s) that triggered that build):

   http://buildbot.networkupstools.org/public/nut/waterfall?show=Debian-x64-gcc

This is indexed by git revision:

   http://buildbot.networkupstools.org/public/nut/builders/Debian-x64-gcc

Nothing Debian-specific about these builds; it's just the flavor of Linux on the box that actually uploads the source tarball.

--
Charles Lepple
clepple at gmail