[Nut-upsuser] New Tripplite UPS: INTERNET350U

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Sat Jun 14 00:59:46 UTC 2014

On Jun 13, 2014, at 4:45 PM, Bossard wrote:

> No matching HID UPS found
>

> Driver failed to start (exit status=1)
>

> So I tried 'usbhid-ups -x productid=2010' and received the same error.

Same exact error?

I suspect it's a permissions error the second time. Add "-u root" to the command line - since this was not a known VendorID:ProductID pair at release time, the udev/hotplug files don't adjust the permissions automatically, which can cause the "No matching HID UPS found error".

A better solution for the long term: you could copy one of the other 09ae:xxxx lines in your NUT udev configuration. (You'll need to unplug and re-plug the USB cable for it to take effect.)

--
Charles Lepple
clepple at gmail