[Nut-upsuser] blazer_ser battery.high / battery.low

hyouko at gmail.com hyouko at gmail.com
Sun Jun 29 22:43:46 UTC 2014

(thanks Charles for handling this one too)

> Anyway, patching a model-specific system + different OB / OL calculations
> into _qx, changing almost every aspect of it, does not sound like a job for
> me :D
> If maybe, someday, the driver's author(s) decide to do that, I'd be happy to
> test it.

What we can do is simply to add a map to link model->voltages and
then, provided that runtimecal *and* battery.voltage.{high,low} are
not set in ups.conf *and* the UPS is not reporting itself the
estimated charge *and* either the user set device.{mfr,model} or the
UPS reports them, use it to calculate the 'guesstimated' (and not so
reliable) battery charge looking at voltages alone.
Obviously the same cannot be made with runtimecal, as you are supposed
to update it as time passes and batteries wear.
Plus, having enough data from several devices doesn't seem very likely to me...
Nonetheless, if there's interest in this feature and no one complains
about it, I'll give it a try.