[Nut-upsuser] Git - do I have the right repository?

Tim Dawson tadawson at tpcsvc.com
Sat Mar 1 00:49:17 UTC 2014

I just noted that I got my outputs reversed in my posting - the git version is the .26, with 2.7.1 being .28, which still seems odd . . .
But at least Iam on the correct tree! Since I have seen some other questions regarding the Prestige, I was thinking of formalizing
my changes into anactual patch.

- Tim

On February 28, 2014 5:40:29 PM CST, Charles Lepple <clepple at gmail.com> wrote:
>On Feb 28, 2014, at 1:05 PM, Tim Dawson wrote:
>
>> Git:
>>
>> Network UPS Tools - BCMXCP UPS driver 0.28 (2.7.1)
>> RS-232 communication subdriver 0.20
>>

>> 2.7.1:
>>
>> Network UPS Tools - BCMXCP UPS driver 0.26 (2.6.5-3857M)
>> RS-232 communication subdriver 0.20
>>

>> I'm not so much noting the "2.6.5" in the dev, but the 0.28 vs 0.26
>bcmxcp version skew . . . (and yes, I don't have these reversed!).
>
>Aside from the 2.6.5 part, everything else is as expected.
>
>The 0.28/0.26 part refers to the version of the main source file for
>the driver. In this case, the BCMXCP core has a RS-232 subdriver and a
>USB subdriver. The change from 0.26 to 0.28 means that the core code
>had two minor revisions between the 2.6.5 release and the current Git
>master, and the RS-232-specific portion of the code did not change. (At
>least, that's the idea - we have not automated the assignment of
>version numbers.)
>
>--
>Charles Lepple
>clepple at gmail

---
Tim Dawson
Lewisville, TX

"Gaff tape can't fix "Stupid", but it can muffle the sound . . ."
Sent via Android